21st December 2016
This is a FREE event for both SSCB partners and non-partners.
Date: Wednesday 22 March 2017
Times: Half day event, 9.00am – 12.00pm or 1.00pm to 4.00 pm
Venue: Dorking Halls Reigate Road, Dorking RH4 1SG
Speakers: Karl Mittelstadt (SSCB) Maria Edwards (Surrey Police) Phil Mitchel (BLAST), Parent’s perspective.
Aim: To raise awareness and improve our response to boys who are sexually exploited or at risk of CSE.
- Understand gender roles, socialisation and stereotypes in sexual abuse.
- Promote gender sensitive provision and non-biased practice in terms of recognition, response and support.
- Understanding different help seeking behaviour between boys and girls.
- Consider the strengths and weaknesses in the current response to boys.
- Be aware of Surrey’s response to recognising and supporting boys affected by CSE
The key speaker Phil Mitchel is from the BLAST Project www.mesmac.co.uk/ which is the UK’s leading male only sexual exploitation service supporting and working solely with boys and young men who have experienced, are experiencing or are at risk of experiencing child sexual exploitation.
Phil’s presentation is based on the ‘Not Just Our Daughters’ workshop which will focus on identifying and responding to Boys at Risk of CSE:
It will include the following:
– An overview
– Identifying boys at risk of CSE
– The National picture and research
– The problems for boys
– The problems for services
– Societal conditioning of boys
– Male CSE myths
– Ryan’s story and the warning signs (DVD)
Please visit our training page to book your place