Our Training Programme
We have a large range of courses available – click on the course name to find out further details, pre-requisites and booking details.
Safeguarding Induction Training
SSCB Multi-Agency Core Training
SSCB Multi-Agency Specialist Course
Other multi agency training
Basic child and adolescent mental health awareness for professionals and volunteers who work directly with children and young people Multi-agency Training (Two-days)
Everybody’s Business is training from Surrey County Council for:
– Identifying and supporting factors which contribute to good mental health in children and young people
– To be able to identify signs that a child or young person is struggling with their mental health
– To be able to clarify your role and responsibility within your agency in responding at an early stage to a child or young person
– To be able to access or signpost appropriate services to support the child or young person, and understand what CAMHS can offer.
The dates are for two day courses starting 14th July, 17th July, 25th July, 8th September, 3rd October, 5th October and 24th October 2017.
To apply for a place on these courses contact: email@example.com
You will need to apply for the place via application form which is linked below.
GRT Cultural Awareness training
Half day courses are now in place on the following dates from SCC:
Tues 3rd Oct Ash Youth Centre
Tues 7th Nov Focus Youth Centre, Epsom
Weds 6th Dec Ash YC
Weds 17th Jan Focus YC, Epsom
Thurs 8th Feb Ash YC
Tues 6th March Focus YC, Epsom
Directly employed by SCC – please apply online via MyLearning (just do search for ‘Gypsy’)
Not directly employed by SCC – please apply via Surrey Skills Academy: http://surreyskillsacademy.learningpool.com/mod/page/view.php?id=796
Action for Carers – Free Training Sessions for Professionals and Managers
Action for carers are offering free training sessions for Professionals & Managers involved in the Caring sector – health, social services, education, voluntary, etc., which are being held in Surrey from April – July 2018.
The sessions provide the opportunities to meet, share, challenge and explore ideas with other professionals across services. Please see the below information about the courses on offer.
- Because Carers Count training– This is a popular multi agency carer awareness course which forms the foundation of all other carer related courses and are a must for anyone involved directly or indirectly with any form of service, support or intervention to ensure good practise in working with clients and families.
- Think Carer Think Family – Making it Real for Families and Young Carers – This workshop explores how the Care Act 2014 & the Children & Families Act 2014 makes the rights of Carers including Parent Carers and Young Carers stronger and also, examine how you can take a more ‘whole family’ approach so as to prevent carer breakdown and ensure a stable environment for the cared for adult or child.
If interested please contact the Action for Carers Training Team on Training@actionforcarers.org.uk or phone 01883 626264. They have a booking form process so please click the above links for the form/flyers and contact their team who will be able to advise.