Children and Young People who Harm Sexually – An Introduction
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. Those who are likely to contribute to the ongoing assessment of children and families.
Aim: To provide an opportunity to develop a knowledge base in relation to the recognition and response to children and young people who display sexually harmful behaviour.
Learning Outcome: By the end of the course participants will have
- Considered research evidence and best practice models for working with children and young people who sexually harm.
- Developed an understanding of how to evaluate sexual behaviours
- Explored how this fits with SSCB procedures
- Gained an understanding of when and how to involve other agencies.