Foundation Module 1 – Multi Agency Safeguarding Children
Please note: this course has been reviewed and revamped for September 2016 and replaces the Foundation Module 1: Introduction to Safeguarding.
Participants must have completed
- ‘Working Together to Safeguarding Children’ Induction Training or have completed an approved alternative course. An exemption checklist can be found at www.surreyscb.org.uk
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns. This will include practitioners who are or will be designated safegaurding leads for their organisations.
Course Aim: This course will provide staff, who are new to child protection work, with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills and the ability to work together on the processes for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, including those who are suffering or at risk of suffering significant harm.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Explored attitudes and values which may affect the practice of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Developed an awareness of relevant legislation, guidance and procedures including section 17 and 47 enquiries (Children Act 1989)
- Considered thresholds and taking appropriate action
- Considered interagency roles and responsibilities
- Considered lessons from Serious Case Reviews