Participants must have completed:
• SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
Target Group: This workshop is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Raise awareness, consider risks and how to protect children and young people who are vulnerable on line.
• Develop a greater understanding of the digital world in which children and young people live and the issues they may face.
• Have an awareness of the risks children and young people take on line, particularly in relation to sharing personal information.
• Understand how offenders target children and young people using social media and through chat rooms.
• Consider the impact of harmful content, cyber bullying, sharing and sexting, online dating, financial scams, gaming and gambling.
• Supporting children young people and parents.