Parental Substance Misuse and its Impact on Children
Pre-requisites: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Module 1 and Foundation Module 2
- Training or professional development opportunity on Substance Misuse Awareness and have a basic knowledge of the most commonly misused substances and their effects. You can access a free Parental Substance Misuse e learning course via SCIE. To access this you must create a free SCIE account.
Target Group: This workshop is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Course Aim: To provide participants with the opportunity to develop knowledge and skills for safeguarding children whose parents misuse substances.
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have
- Discussed national and local best practice guidance including lessons from serious case reviews
- Examined their own experiences of assessing risk to children whose parents misuse substances
- Explored issues of working collaboratively with colleagues who have specialist knowledge in substance misuse
- Considered public perceptions of substance misusing parents and barriers to effective working.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.