The Dynamic Management of Neglect
Participants must have completed:
SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Modules 1 and 2
Target Group: The course is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Course Aim: To enable practitioners to modify abusive and neglectful parenting with the emphasis on neglect and how to work with parents to promote health, development and well-being of children and young people
By the end of the course participants will understand how:
- Abusive and neglectful parenting affects children’s development, emotional and physical development
- To modifying neglectful parenting by learning about the link between parental stress and abusive and neglectful parenting
- To help parents cope with negative perceptions of their children
- To promote health development and well-being of children and young people
- To ensuring safety and preventing harm in the home and ensure parents provide good quality care.
Click here to book your place.