Train the Trainers – Working Together to Safeguard Children, CSE & Cultural Competence
Participants must have:
- A role as safeguarding training lead within their organisation
- Completed SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Modules 1, 2 and 3
Target Group: The 2 day course is aimed at safeguarding leads who wish to deliver single agency Working Together to Safeguard Children induction and CSE level 2 training to staff within their own organisation. It will also include a session on Cultural Competence. The course provides a foundation for those who wish to become a SSCB trainer and deliver multi-agency Foundation Modules 1and 2 training. Delegates will be invited to a further day to cover these two modules.
Course Aim: Familiarisation of the SSCB ‘Working Together to Safeguard Children’ induction and CSE level 2 materials to enable the delivery of single agency training.
By the end of the course participants will have:
- Familiarised themselves with current resources.
- Shared experiences with other trainers from other organisations.
- An understanding of how to deliver the Working Together to Safeguard Children induction and refresher training.
- An understanding on how to deliver CSE level 2 training.
- Considered the importance of maintaining up to date knowledge in relation to research, cultural competence, practice guidance, policies and procedures.
Exemption please note, if you are a school (maintained school/Academy/Independent or Free School), in order to be able to deliver Working Together to Safeguard Children induction training in-house, your safeguarding lead must have completed Foundation Module 1 and 2 and current DSL training. It is not a requirement that your safeguarding lead attends the SSCB Train the Trainers course, however they may wish to attend for their continued professional development and if they plan to deliver more safeguarding training other than the Working Together to Safeguard Children Induction.