Pre-requisite: Participants must have completed
- SSCB Safeguarding Foundation Modules 1 and 2
Target Group: This workshop is aimed at practitioners and managers in voluntary, independent and statutory agencies who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and evaluating the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
Course Aim: An increased understanding of the concept of disguised compliance, how to identify and respond to disguised compliance
Learning Outcomes: By the end of the course participants will have
- Discussed what is meant by hard to engage families.
- Understood how disguised compliance can present in the behaviour of the parent/carer and also the professional (that it is not just within the child protection area of work)
- Looked at tools to work with clients/service users who are displaying signs of disguised compliance
- Understood the practice of ‘respectful uncertainty’
- Looked at how a model of a strengths based approach to child protection conferences could be used in other areas of work to recognise and respond to disguised compliance
- Recognised the feelings of workers when entering the home and then think what it must be like for the child.
To use this booking system, you will first need to create a user account and once you have done this, you will be able to manage your own bookings, access course evaluations, certificates and access your training history.
Please note: individuals must create their own account. There is no facility for one person to create an account in their name and book places for numerous numbers of staff. If you are booking on behalf of another member of staff you need to register in their name rather than your own.